My dear sweet Grandma LeFevre was reunited with the love of her life, my grandpa, on February 11th. This post is dedicated to her.
My grandma was a true lady. She was elegant and refined. She could play the piano so beautifully. She knew how to embroider, cook, sew and teach. Whenever, I visited she always helped me to improve myself in some way. She would always have me pick a book and read to her.She would encourage me to practice the piano and to develop my talents. I am so lucky that I have such a wonderful grandmother who was part of my life.
Grandma made it a point to be there for the big moments. She was there for my wedding, she was there when I graduated high school, she was there when I baptized, she even made it to grandparents day when I was in kindergarten.
Grandma and Grandpa served a mission in Nauvoo when I was seven or eight. That summer we drove across country to go visit them. I remember staying with them in their apartment and watching them service in the many visitor centers.
For some reason, I don't have a picture with both Grandma and Grandpa on grandparents day in Kindergarten. I remember showing them my classroom, introducing them to Ms. Udall, and then eating lunch with them in the cafeteria.
One summer, Mom and Dad went on a cruise and Grandma came down to stay with us while they were gone. I remember she would make Lindsey and I a snack when we got home from school. One time the snack was a tuna sandwich with relish in it. I thought it was so disgusting. But I didn't want my grandma to think that I wasn't grateful for the snack so Lindsey and I ate it anyway.
Grandma and Grandpa after my baptism.
There were several summers where Lindsey and I would stay with Grandma and Grandpa in Page, AZ for a week or two during the summer. One of my favorite memories of my grandma was this particular summer, she took us out to Lake Powell to tour the Dam and to go swimming. While Lindsey and I were swimming, Grandma sat on a rock with her feet in the water, in her bathing suit, with an umbrella, reading the Ensign. I will never forget that sight!
Another great memory I have from those summers is Grandma teaching Lindsey and I how to embroider. After breakfast, Lindsey and I would sit on her big couch and Grandma in her recliner. Lindsey and I would still be in our nightgowns and we would embroider as we watched the Hallmark channel. So you see there is a reason to why I love my cheesy Hallmark movies. One time I even accidentally embroidered my nightgown into the pillowcase I was working on.
Cousins and Grandma and Grandpa at Easter.
The grand kids outside of Grandma and Grandpa's house in Page at Thanksgiving. Almost every year for Thanksgiving we would make the five hour trip to Page. I remember sleeping in family room on the floor with all of my cousins. The boys would go out to Deer Range and cut Christmas trees. On Thanksgiving, the girls made the meal and afterwards, the boys had to the dishes. Growing up, I didn't particularly like going there for Thanksgiving, but whenever I was there I always had fun. I am so thankful for the trips at Thanksgiving, going to Utah after Christmas for the family party and going to Deer Range every summer for a family reunion.
My grandma was an amazing woman and has left behind a wonderful legacy.
I love and miss you Grandma!













Great tribute! Thanks for sharing all of those pictures! I have most of them, but not the ones of you and Lindsey with them. I didn't realize you two went there in the summer like Elise and I did. I'm glad Grandma and Grandpa made sure you didn't miss out! I have great memories of those weeks too!
ReplyDelete