| Dad and all of his siblings |
This was the first time in four years that all of my immediate family has been together in one place and man did it feel good to be with them. Lindsey, Elise, Eric, Porter, Zac and I all piled into Elise's van to make the trip down to Tropic. It was squishy but really nice to spent time with my sisters.
We made a quick stop at Bryce Canyon. I never realized how beautiful it is. All this time growing up and making trips to southern Utah every summer, I never appreciated its beauty. No wonder my Dad loves that area so much.
The service was beautiful. So many wonderful memories were shared. My grandma and grandpa were quite the romantics. They met on a blind date and before my Grandma could even introduce herself, my grandpa grabbed her and kissed her. My grandpa passed away nine years ago in February. So he couldn't stand to spend one more Valentine's Day without his love. My grandma missed my grandpa so much. I can only imagine how happy my grandparents are to finally be reunited at last.
I am so thankful for a loving Father in Heaven who has made it possible for us to be with our loved ones again after death. The power to be sealed together as a family is truly one of the greatest blessings on this earth. I know that Temples and the ordinances performed inside come from a loving God and Father in Heaven.
No comments:
Post a Comment