Sunday, April 23, 2017

San Diego Trip

In the beginning of March, Zac had to go to San Diego for work for about a week. So John and I decided to tag along and turn it into our first family vacation. :)
I was nervous because I would be flying to SD by myself with a baby. I read several blogs on best ways to fly with a baby and went for it. It actually went pretty well. John got a little fussy towards the end of the flight but overall it went pretty smooth.
We stayed in a hotel right next to UCSD which was so fun because it was right in the area where we used to live. It is nice to go on vacation and be familiar with the area.
John had been doing really well sleeping at home but going on vacation kinda threw it off. The first two nights were a little rough, but after that he got a little more used to it and it wasn't too bad.
The weather was so nice! It felt so good to get out of the cold Utah weather and enjoy the warm sun.
We took John to the beach for the first time and he didn't quite know what to think of it. Haha.
We also took a tour of the USS Midway. It was one of those things we always wanted to do but never got around to in when we lived there. It was actually really cool! It was an aircraft carried used in WWII and I believe the Vietnam war. We got to see all of the different aircrafts that were housed there as well as see what it was like to be stationed there.
On Sunday we went to our old ward and saw a few friends. Because it is mostly a student ward, most of the people we knew had also graduated and moved.




















No comments:

Post a Comment