Sunday, September 18, 2016

Welcome to the World John J

Saturday September 3rd, 2016 my life changed forever, for the better. John J Vidmar was born September 3rd at 10:37am weighing 8lbs 12oz and was 21 1/2 inches long. Zac and I are completely in love with our little guy. He is healthy and sleeps and eats well. He is perfect.

John's due date was September 1st. I had a doctors appointment on August 30th, but when I went in there was very little progress. I was dilated to a 1 so I agreed to let her strip my membranes. That night I had a few contractions but they didn't last long. Fast forward to the 1st, a friend suggested that I bounce on an exercise ball to get things going...so that night I bounced on an exercise ball for an hour. It must have helped because the next morning I went into my doctor's appointment and was dilated to a 3! That night around 8pm I started having contractions. I was so excited that it was finally happening! But, holy cow, I have never experienced pain like that before! Zac was great and so supportive. I was able to take a bath to help with the pain and work through the contractions. But by midnight and throwing up several times I was ready to go to the hospital and get an epidural. :) We were admitted about 1am and then I got my epidural at about 2am. At that point my contractions were about 3 minutes apart and I was dilated to a 7! It slowed down a little bit after that and I was able to get a little bit of sleep. My water finally broke around 7:15am which helped move things along. John was born at 10:37am that morning. 

It was the most amazing experience I have ever had. Right after he was born the nurse laid him on my stomach as they cleaned him up a bit and Zac cut the umbilical cord. I will never forget the rush of emotions when I saw him for the first time. I cried and cried and cried as I held him and touched him for the first time. He is the most beautiful baby I have ever seen. My heart quadrupled in size as I held him.

There are no words to describe how I feel about this tiny human. I love him more than anything in the world and would do absolutely anything for him. I am so blessed to be his mom. Right now, we are just getting to know each other. There is definitely a steep learning curve but I think we are getting the hang of it. He is slowly becoming more alert during the day. He has already changed so much in the two short weeks since his birth. Zac and I are so so so happy to finally be a family of three!

Being swaddled by Dad


The picture on the right: Zac holding his son for the first time

First Family Picture




Aunt Michelle and Aunt Lindsey holding little John

All ready to leave the hospital

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, this post made me tear up! I'm so, so, so happy that you two get to experience parenthood! There is nothing better! And you're exactly right - your heart really does quadruple in size. I never cried in a movie until after I was a mom. :)

    ReplyDelete