Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Update Time!

Can you believe it that Zac and I have been in Utah for almost four months already?! Time has flown by. A lot has happened in the last few months so it is time for a quick recap on our lives. 

How is Zac's job? Zac is loving his new job! As hard as this move was it was definitely a great move. In Seattle, Zac was coming home with a headache almost everyday. Now it is very rare if he gets a headache. Last week he got to go down to BYU and do testing with one of his favorite professors from school.

Have you found a job yet? Yes! I am now a Wellness Specialist at 1-800 Contacts. I do a lot of personal training and starting this week I will be doing health coaching and finger sticks (cholesterol, glucose, etc readings). It is really fun so far. The only down side are my hours. Because I am the new hire I get to work the evenings and Saturdays. So that is really not very fun. But hopefully if I do my time then  I will be able to get a better shift. I am also still subbing for MediFit. Getting two pay checks some weeks has been super nice. Not complaining about the money. 

Do you guys have callings? I am a RS teacher and loving it! Teaching used to really scare me but I am really enjoying being a RS teacher. Zac has been called into the Young Men's. I think he is liking it too :) It definitely gives him something to do while I am at work on Wednesday nights. 

What have you guys been up too? We have been enjoying the mountains and the fact that it is really green (for Utah). We have had so much rain lately that it has been reminding me of Washington. I love hiking and getting outside so as soon as I am off of work on Saturday we usually head up to the Mountains. We are also training for the American Fork Canyon Half Marathon on June 27th. I am hoping to get under 2 hours this time. : )

Any news on the fertility front? Not really...We are currently researching our options and saving every penny for fertility treatments. Utah has several great fertility clinics so that is good news. However, our insurance doesn't really cover anything so almost everything from here on out will be coming out of pocket. Good thing we are both working full time. I am currently doing a nutrition program that is supposed to help with Endo. I can tell a little different in my symptoms on the days that I stick to the program. It is just really hard! haha. As a wellness coach, you would think it would be easier for me to eat really healthy but I can assure you it is a constant challenge. I think I am going to continue to try and follow the plan as best as I can. We will see where that goes. 

Park City Weekend Getaway


Trail Behind our Apartment

Donut Falls



Run of Remembrance 10K



Yellow Fork Canyon



1 comment:

  1. Yay for catching up with you too! Mom had told me about your job, but I didn't know you were an RS teacher. Good for you! That would be a hard one for me. I'm sure Zac is great with the YM. I'm glad you have a good job, but sorry about the rotten hours. That must be really hard to be working whenever Zac is home. Good luck with your half marathon, your diet and saving for treatments. Just FYI, there are companies that provide financing for infertility treatments. We didn't use them because we never did IVF, but we always got fliers about them. They give you a loan and then you have a monthly payment. Call whenever you have a chance. I'll tell Alan to be prepared for bus driving jokes! :)

    ReplyDelete