The main reason I went home was to hike the Grand Canyon. Can you believe that I grew up less than four hours away and had only been to the Grand Canyon once and had never hiked it?! Crazy, right? So I set out with Dad and Lindsey to fix this.
We left Friday morning so we would have some time to do a little sight seeing along the way. There were several great lookout points. It was pretty cold though, but the views were worth it.
The next morning we set out on the trail around 6:30am. It was seven miles down to the bottom and another ten to hike out. Add in the little detour we took at the bottom and you are looking at 18 miles round trip in one day.
It was the most beautiful hike ever. The wild flowers were in bloom, the sage brush was green and the rock was red.
I was doing really well until the last 1.5 miles....I about died. haha. My legs were burning from the past 9 miles walking up a cliff. However, finishing made it worth every step. One day I want to camp overnight in the bottom of the canyon. Enough words, lets get to the pictures! *Warning* some are phone pictures so the quality isn't the best. :)
| Waiting for the bus to take us to the trail! |
| All ready to start hiking! |
| I had a temporary orange spray tan courtesy of the orange dirt |
| We made it! 11 1/2 hours later! |
![]() |
| I managed to capture 20 different states and one from Ontario. Not pictured: Florida, Alaska, Connecticut, British Columbia and probably a bunch more. |
Thanks Dad for taking me! Dad has hiked the Grand Canyon close to eight times. He even told me that he was once crazy enough to got rim to rim to rim in 24 hours! That is over 40 miles. I can't wait to do it again.

Beautiful pictures! I've only been once before as well and have always wanted to hike it. I'm glad you and Lindsey got the chance to go with Dad.
ReplyDelete