Sunday, January 25, 2015

Change and Lots of It

Just when I start to think I have a handle on this thing called life, I am thrown a curve ball. Right before Christmas I was offered a full-time position at Nintendo as a Health Fitness Specialist. I teach group exercise and create health challenges and pretty much just have fun all day long. Of course I accepted and started full-time at the beginning of the new year.
Also right before Christmas our lovely car broke down leaving Zac and I without any car for a few days meaning I had to take the bus to and from work which turned out to take 4-5 hours round trip each day...not fun. We decided then that it was time to buy a second car which we planned to do after Christmas.


We ended up purchasing a Toyota Corolla and I am in love with it! It is so fancy compared to our other car. On the same day that we bought the Toyota Zac got an email from a company in Salt Lake that he wanted to work for when he graduated from UCSD but it just didn't work out. They wanted to know if Zac was still interested in working for them. Zac has been wanting a change in career for awhile now but just wasn't sure what to do about it. So of course he was interested. He interviewed and they sent us an offer letter a week later. And it is a great offer! He will be making more and they offered relocation assistance. We accepted and are in the middle of packing and moving to Utah in two weeks. It has been super crazy.
I know that this is such a wonderful opportunity for Zac and that it is what we need to do for our family, however, that does not make it easy. I think this has been one of the hardest decisions for me to make, for a lot of reasons. I have made so many wonderful friends here and I don't know how I am going to be able to say goodbye. I also just started a really great job that makes me happy. I know sometimes in life we are asked to do things that we don't want to do and I know that this is one of those times for me. I have really grown to love the Seattle area. I know there are wonderful people in Utah too, having a sister really close by is a huge plus and that I can find another job that I like.
So here is to another adventure! 

No comments:

Post a Comment