Tuesday, September 21, 2010
History of Creativity!
I think History of Creativity was made just for me! In this class we are encouraged to come up with a creative idea which we will then turn into our final project. I am really enjoying this class, and it has given me an excuse to do more crafty creative things! :) For something to be truly creative it needs to be four things: valuable, intentional, novel, and excellent. Now I need to ask you a favor. I am going to post some of the ideas that I have come with and I would like you to give me as much feedback as possible. You can tell me anything you want to about these ideas. The first idea I had was to come up with some kind of reusable mechanism to hold your house key to your shoe when you go running. The second idea I had was to make a data base where you can register any kind of electronic device like a cell phone or an i-pod and when you lose it you can log on to this data base and it will give you the exact GPS coordinates of your lost item. Now for my final idea! This one is my favorite so far. I would research how people i past civilizations decorated their homes. And recreate some of them. Then I would make some modern wall art, as the final piece to my project. I know this isn't as fun of a blog because there are no pictures. But I will be better and blog again soon with one of my homemade fall decorations I did over the weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad you're enjoying that class. I think I would hate it. :) Anyway, here's my two cents. I agree with both you and Elise on liking the last idea the best. That would be really interesting and would make cool wall art when you're finished. I always tie my key to my shoe laces too. I know some people worry about their laces coming untied and losing their key, but I've never had a problem with that. We aren't big technology people and I've never lost my phone, so the data base doesn't appeal too much to me. I'm sure it would to most people though. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteGreat work, Katelyn, to jump right in to blogging about your ideas and sharing those blog updates through a tweet. I'm looking forward to seeing how your ideas develop.
ReplyDeleteGreat ideas so far! When it comes to the last one, I think it is the only one so far that would apply to the first half of this class. I think the idea sounds great! Explain it a little bit because I don't think I am getting a clear mental image... what did you mean by modern wall art? When you recreate the older designs are you talking about miniature models?
ReplyDeleteTrying to imagine what you were talking about I was seeing a painting or collage of one large building that through clouds (painted or pasted on through clumped tissue paper) is actually a bunch of types of buildings from the aspect of architecture or how they were decorated. I was thinking something like this...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DrX8AFIQao
The video is only a parallel, I couldn't find anything online that really depicted what I thought clearly but my description above is as close as I could get. Either way, I think I need a better idea of what you were thinking but it sounded good! Plus, I really like that video. =)
ReplyDelete