Evelyn
I left off posting about Evelyn's wild arrival into this world. So it is only fair to start with an update on her.Evelyn came home from the NICU after 73 days on November 15, 2018. She weighed 7lbs 3oz. She came home with a feeding tube as she was still struggling to take her bottles. We were blessed with a Neonatalogist who wanted to see Evelyn home and was confident in our ability to care for her. The NICU was tough. I went almost every day ( I missed three days when I came down with a cold). It has been a year and I still get anxious and choke up thinking about that time of our lives.
Once she was home, life became a blur. John had a tough time adjusting to a new baby. I was struggling to adjust to two kids and one being a medically needy one as well.But we somehow made it through. Evelyn has grown and developed well. She has been meeting all of her goals! She meets with an occupational therapist once a month as well as had several NICU follow-ups and other follow-ups with different specialists. Overall, her progress is fantastic! I will have to do a one year old post for her and go into more detail. She is a happy sweet girl who loves to be in on the action. You can find her crawling as fast as she can after me or John. She is standing and hopefully will be walking soon.
John
John had a tough adjustment once Evelyn came home. He was used to having a grandma here solely focused on him. That changed quite quickly. When she came home, he went from having all the attention to no grandma and having to share Mom. Needless to say, he got a lot more screen time during those first several months than anticipated.Overall, he and Evelyn have a good relationship. I think he wishes she were bigger because he loves to wrestle. Sometimes, he can't help himself and will try to wrestle her anyway. Which usually ends up with someone in tears. We are working on it. John is also learning many life lessons in sharing. Haha. It is good for both him and Evelyn. I will also do a birthday post for my sweet boy.
Zac
Like me, Zac has been hanging on for dear life the last year. Work keeps him busy with travel a few times a month as well as big projects that take up a lot of time.He set some pretty great running goals this year and has done amazing! He ran an 18 mile trail race in July at Snowbird and did great! He also has been pacing several half marathons. It makes me happy to see him excel at something he loves. He has also stepped up in a big way this year at home. He has been a true partner in everything this last year.
Katelyn
I think one reason that I haven't blogged this whole year is because life has been incredibly overwhelming. It has just recently calmed down enough to where I feel like I might actually make it out alive. haha. When Evelyn was born I was still working part time and just about to head into the busy season of my job. That is another reason why the first six months were a blur. I officially put in my notice in March and then officially quit working in June/July. I was also in the RS presidency at church and was released last month.Adjusting to two kids was extremely hard. Also, bringing home a new baby was isolating and lonely. Evelyn has always struggled with eating which means that I can't really leave the house with her for longer than an hour or two. Days were long and I was exhausted. I managed to train for a half marathon in there somewhere. Training became and escape for me. A few hours each week that were just for me. All in all, I am just happy to be on the other side of this year. I think this upcoming year will be much better.
And now for a few pictures.....






No comments:
Post a Comment