Anyways, we took Zac's siblings to La Jolla Cove and watched the sea lions. Then we headed over to the UTC mall. Unfortunately, I got really sick while at the mall. I had started a new medication and it made me super nauseous. So I ended up throwing up in the middle of the mall. Just a little embarrassing, at least Zac was wise enough to go get me a bag earlier in the day, but still embarrassing. Haha. It was still a fun outing with Zac's siblings.
That evening, we headed down to the Pier for family pictures. It is a huge perk to have a photographer in the family! They turned out beautiful!
That evening, we headed down to the Pier for family pictures. It is a huge perk to have a photographer in the family! They turned out beautiful!
The next day was DISNEYLAND! I usually love Disneyland but the week between Christmas and New Years is not the time to go. It was unbelievable crowded and to top it off a transformer blew so half of the park was without power. This meant the park was at full capacity with only half the food, half the bathrooms and half the rides. Surprisingly, we still made it on quite a few rides. And I finally got to try a Dole Whip and it was DELICIOUS!
John didn't sleep well the night before and then we didn't end up leaving the park until close to midnight. I was also still trying to figure out my new meds so I wasn't feeling well. I had a bit of a melt down in the park. I felt bad because I was supposed to be enjoying it. But sometimes the most perfectly planned outings can turn out to not be a lot of fun. John had fun on the rides and loved to people watch. It will be fun to take him back someday when he is older. :)
Thankfully, the next day was planned a relax day. I got to sleep in and then all the girls went out to lunch and got our nails done. It was perfect recoup day from the crazy DisneyLand day. We went to the beach in the afternoon and enjoyed the beautiful warm CA weather.
Our last full day in CA we had a beach day! The boys loved it! I got smart this time and made John his own little pool to splash around in. He loved it! That evening, we had a fire on the beach and roasted marshmallows. It was a perfect end to a wonderful week. I can't thank my in-laws enough for spoiling us so much.


No comments:
Post a Comment