15. In January, Zac was offered a job in Utah so we packed everything up and moved from Seattle to Salt Lake.
14. Witnessed a miracle. Before we moved, we were able to witness my nephew, Mason, be sealed to my sister, Kristin and Alan and Spencer for time and all eternity.
13. Grandma LeFevre passed away. It was bittersweet. It also provided an opportunity for my whole immediate family to be together for the first time in years.
12. Celebrated my 25th birthday with lots of family around to make it extra special.
11. I hiked the Grand Canyon with my Dad and Lindsey.
10. Started a new job at 1800Contacts as a personal trainer/wellness coach. I absolutely love it!
9. Visited home for the 24th of July and spent a lot of time with family.
8. Successfully grew my first patio garden!
7. We discovered that besides Endometriosis, we were also dealing with male factor infertility which explains a lot.
6. Celebrated 6 wonderful years of marriage!
5. Went to Yellowstone, knocking something off my lifelong bucket list.
4. Ran two half marathons!
3. Went on many great adventures with Zac. Lots of hiking, backpacking and discovering.
2. We decided to give IVF a try. I thought I would die giving myself shots, but I survived.
1. And for the best news of all of 2015...........IT WORKED! Our little miracle is expected early September of 2016. So it is still pretty early which means that we are not out of the woods yet. Thank you for all of your support and prayers. I am completely overwhelmed with happiness and gratitude. I wanted the IVF treatments to work so so bad but was so afraid that I would be disappointed again like I have been so many times over the last four years. I am still a little reserved and having a hard time feeling like it is real. I have spent the last four years guarding myself and my emotions from the painful reality of infertility. Just thinking about the fact that we are really going to have a baby in 2016, is enough to get me misty eyed with pure happiness.
We decided to have the blood test done over Christmas vacation. It took us a while to find an open lab and when we finally had the blood work finished, because of the time difference between Utah and Washington, we had to wait to get the results the next day. Talk about the longest day ever. The next morning Zac and I were just laying in bed half awake when my phone rang. I knew exactly what phone call it was. I jumped out of bed, answered the phone and put it on speaker phone so Zac could hear. Those few moments seemed to go in slow motion. When I heard the IVF nurse say, "Congratulations! You are pregnant!" I completely lost it. There are moments in life that change everything and you will never forget. This was definitely one of those moments. I will never forget how I felt hearing those words for the first time. Such a tender moment.
Like I said earlier, it is still quite early. So there is still a lot of risk. However, I have decided that because I have let you all in on my IVF journey, I need to let you in on the rest, no matter what happens.
2015 was a crazy year that brought a lot of change. Here is to an even crazier 2016!




I LOVE this idea for a end of year post! I may copy you if I can ever get caught up on my regular entries. :) I'm glad Mason's sealing was in your top 15. Just reading your #1 made me so excited and happy for you! Best news ever!!
ReplyDeleteI have been waiting to hear how the transfer went, but I didn't want to ask!!! YAY!!!! What great news!!!! You've had quite the year!!! I'll keep you in my prayers:)
ReplyDelete