Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy Birthday America!

Kristin and Alan invited us down to Portland for the 4th of July. Kristin was the perfect host and Zac and I had a blast! I am pretty terrible at remembering to take pictures, so you only get pictures from the race. Zac and Kristin ran Alan's 5k and Spencer ran the kids race. I didn't run as I was still recovering from surgery, so Spencer and I got to hang out. We almost missed Kristin and Zac finishing though!
After the race, we had a BBQ with some delicious homemade ice cream, topped of with a dance party and fireworks! I don't think Spencer really enjoyed the dancing quite as much as Kristin and I did though.
In the Northwest, the 4th of July is the gateway to summer. It doesn't really stop raining and get sunny until after the 4th. :) We had beautiful weather, the perfect opening to summer.


There were these really fun kids games to do at the race. Spencer raced against a few other kids and you can just see the look of determination on his face to win. 


Here come the racers! Both Kristin and Zac placed in their age groups. Way to go!




Spencer is a pretty speedy guy as well! 


Thanks Kristin and Alan for inviting us down! It is so nice to have family close by to spend holidays with. 

1 comment:

  1. Good pictures of the runners! Thanks for taking care of Spencer while I was running. You're welcome here anytime!

    ReplyDelete