Monday, June 2, 2014

Michelle's Graduation!

This past month I had the amazing opportunity to go home to St. Johns for a week and celebrate my baby sister, Michelle, graduating from high school! I can't believe that she is old enough to graduate. It seems like yesterday that Grandma and Grandpa were taking me out of school to go to the hospital to see my new little sister. Now she is a beautiful young woman. Michelle has been an amazing blessing in my life. For those that do not know, Michelle has Down Syndrome, making her the instant favorite sister in our family. Michelle has brought my family closer than we could have ever been without her. She can make any day better, her smile lights up a room and she gives the best hugs! She does not judge and everyone is her friend. Thank you Michelle, for letting me share an amazing week with you! 
I was Michelle's official chaperon on the Senior Trip to California and we had a blast! It made me feel old and young at the same time. I felt old sleeping overnight on a bus to and from California. I felt young as the trip brought back so many memories of my own senior trip. I felt old again as I realized that it was 6 years ago....
We left SJ on Sunday night and got to California Monday morning and then spent all day at Six Flags. Michelle hates roller coasters unless.....it involves water. For some odd reason, she loves to get wet. Good thing it was a warm day both days. The next day we spent all day at Universal Studios, then hopped on the bus and arrived back in SJ Wednesday morning. After which I took a nice looooong nap. At both parks there were several characters that you could take pictures with. Each one was so sweet with Michelle and took extra time to dance with her and give her hugs. Michelle loved it! I was also so impressed with Michelle's classmates. They were so sweet and nice to Michelle. They took time to include Michelle and to make sure that she was safe and having a good time. They are a stellar group of seniors. 
Now I hope you are ready for picture overload! *Picture quality isn't the best as these are a combo of phone camera and a point and shoot.

The good ole' Redskin bus is still going strong! Riding it brought back so many memories of school and sports trips. It didn't even breakdown! Which is really saying something.

Six Flags







Universal Studios











Graduation!



1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you got to go! You are such an awesome sister to go on that trip with her! And, don't feel old. My senior trip was 14 years ago!

    ReplyDelete