I love long weekends! Zac and I escaped work, stress and infertility for a weekend and it was wonderful. We started the weekend off with a great Valentine's Day date. Then stayed a few nights up by Mt. Vernon and enjoyed hiking, beautiful views and exploring. It was a much needed break from everything. I have been working from home for over a month now and for the most part it is nice but it is definitely a challenge. Zac is loving his job and is getting used to the commute. We are in love with Mill Creek. It fits us very well. We have a lot of open space, but are close to a lot of things. Our apartment is slowly coming together and we are slowly making new friends. That's the skinny on us. Now for an overload of pictures from our mini vacation!
 |
| Valentine's Day! We had a nice dinner at home and watched the Olympics. Zac even cleaned for me! I made him waffles for breakfast and he made me steak for dinner...ymmm...true love! He also bought me potted flowers instead of regular flowers because they last longer :) |
 |
| Deception Pass: a beautiful bridge that connects two islands. Also apparently climbing on a bridge over the sound is dangerous...I had my heart set on climbing on it but the sign said I couldn't :( |
 |
| I love my nerdy engineer! I think he was more interested in taking pictures of the bridge connections than the views. |
 |
| Next stop was Fort Casey! I had been here before but I knew Zac would love it. This fort was built in the early 1900s to ward of any attacks to the Northwest coast. It was super fun to explore the bunkers and had beautiful views of the sound. |
 |
| Fort Casey |
 |
| Fort Casey |
 |
When the sun shines the Northwest is absolutely beautiful!
|
 |
We ended our little getaway with short ferry ride. Which I think are so fun!
|
Now it is back to work and back to life. Sometimes a break is just what you need.
Fun! I'm glad you had a good Valentine's weekend! That bridge and the views are awesome.
ReplyDelete