Sunday, January 8, 2012

Christmas Break and New Years

I made a little promise to myself that now that I don't have quite as many classes this semester that I would be better at blogging. So here is goes, the first post of the new year! 

 Christmas break was a much needed break. Right before we headed up to Spokane and Zac's appendix issues we had a Vienna study abroad reunion. Can you believe it that it has been over four months since Vienna?! Weird. I miss it a lot. I hope that someday Zac and I will be able to visit again. 
  
 Christmas in Spokane was awesome! Not to mention, beautiful!  It was so nice to not have to do anything. On Christmas eve we made a tent to sleep in :). I really married into a great family. We also made some pretty awesome graham cracker houses. Did you know that melting sugar makes the best glue for gingerbread houses? 






 Zac and I spent New Years in Provo. I was a little worried that we would be bored out of our minds. And I was about to just go to bed at 9 and call it good. Thanks to some friends, I didn't go to bed at 9 on New Years eve. Our good friends, Kimball and Kelsey invited us to hang out with them at the Provo Town Center mall. They had a lot of really fun things going on as you can see by our fantastic face paint. And it wouldn't be a good New Years party without someone special to kiss ;). 
Anyways, I am really excited about this new year. It holds so many changes and mysteries for Zac and I. Sometime this year Zac and I will leave our little bubble and move to some unknown city where we will have to make new friends, find a new grocery store, and go to a new school. And who knows, maybe we will throw a baby in there too! I am very excited but very scared at the same time. Leaving St. Johns and moving to Provo was a big step. Leaving Provo for an even larger city is another big step. At least this time I have Zac with me. Whatever happens this year, I know it will be for the better, and I know I can get through anything with my best friend at my side. 










Goals of 2012 
1. Go to the temple at least once a month
2. Study my scriptures daily
3. Eat at least 3 servings of vegetables and 2 servings of fruit a day
4. Keep a daily record of my spending and keep a budget
5. Run 12 miles a week, go to yoga once a week, and go to one other fitness class a week
6. Let Zac know that I love him everyday

No comments:

Post a Comment