Monday, October 3, 2011

The Lessons You Learn

Well folks I am still here. :) Life has been a tad bit on the crazy side lately. Most of the time I feel like this.....

But Zac and I have had some time to still have some fun...

We went to the Utah /BYU game. It was pretty sad to watch but we still had a good time. 
Last weekend we ran the Dirty Dash! It was super fun. It was a 10K through obstacles and mud pits. As you can see by the pictures below, Zac and I had a great time in the mud. :) 



Then this past week was great! Except for the fact that I got a cold. I love general conference. I always feel that they are speaking right to me. This conference was especially good. There were so many talks that answered prayers and concerns. I was chastised and comforted. My favorite talk was by Elder Anderson. He talked about the importance of having a family. I am almost finished with school so this subject has been on my mind a lot lately. I know I made the right decision by waiting so I could finish my degree. But soon I will be finished. And that thought scares me. Elder Anderson knew exactly what to say to take away all those fears. I know that I am supposed to mother, and I know that I will have my heavenly Father right there with me every step of the way when that time comes. I am so grateful to belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I would be lost without it. 


The past couple of week have taught Zac and me some valuable lessons.
1. Never leave your bag unattended at a race. 
2. Remember to pack a lunch or else you are going to be very hungry.
3. Doing your homework on Fridays is a good idea.
4. Trying to pick Zac up from school on a football game day is always a bad idea. 
5. No matter how busy you are always make time for the people you love the most. :) 

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you're still alive this semester. I don't envy you. That dirty dash looks awesome though! I have no doubt that you'll be an amazing mom when the time comes. You'll make mistakes and learn and grow and be happier than you can imagine. I'm just glad they usually just come one at a time. I've gone from 1 to 5 in the last week and I'm going crazy. :)

    ReplyDelete