Vienna has this really great amusement park called the Prater. I am pretty sure all the rides that were banned from the states were sent to Vienna. Haha. This is where Zac and I celebrated our 4th of July. As a group we went out to dinner and had this huge piece of pork that was still on the bones. Then we went into the Prater and had a really great time! They had these fantastic bumper cars. They went really fast so you could hit people really hard, it was great! We also went on the swings. But these were not normal swings. As you are going around they lift you up 175 meters into the air. It was so terrifying but so much fun! Then of course we finished the day off with some ice cream. It wouldn’t be the 4th of July without ice cream or a snow cone. This was the first 4th of July in probably 15 years where I didn’t have a snow cone. But that’s ok, I like ice cream better. J
This past weekend was a long weekend. Zac and I got a group together to go to Prague for three days. Prague is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Holy moly, I was blown away. I felt like every single street could be on a post card. It was about a five hour train ride, so we all pretty much slept the whole way. On Friday afternoon we took a river cruise. It was so fun and so beautiful. On Saturday we did all our sightseeing. We saw St. Nicholas’ Cathedral aka: Santa Claus ;). We hiked up to Prague castle, which really doesn’t look too much like a castle. There was also a huge Gothic Cathedral up there. It had the best view of the whole city. That night we rented pedal boats and rode around on the river for awhile. On Sunday, we found the Prague branch to go to church. That was interesting, trying to sing in Czech. I think Czech is close to Russian, but I’m not completely sure. It was pretty funny trying to figure out money. Every US dollar is worth 17 Czech Kc, so most everything was in the hundreds. It turned out to be a really great trip.
Tonight, Zac and I are going to the midnight showing of the last Harry Potter movie! I haven’t seen the first one yet, but we are going to watch it right before the midnight one. YAY!!!
Anyways that’s all for now!
Fun, fun, fun! Have I mentioned how jealous I am yet? Have fun at Harry Potter!
ReplyDelete