Sunday, May 22, 2011

Summer

It is officially summer according to me. Even though the weather looks like this....
And not like this....


But hopefully that won't last too much longer. I love summer because when I come home from work I don't have to do anything. No homework, no nothing. And I love that. I get to lounge around, play soccer, go running, make crafts, whatever I want. This past week was great. On Wednesday Zac and I met up with a bunch of the people going to Vienna. It was great getting to know them better. I also found out that amoung that group I have a 2nd cousin going! Small world huh?!  On Friday we played soccer, watched our friends win their intramural game and  then got ice cream cones at Macey's. (the cheapest ice cream cones in town). On Saturday I slept in. Love sleeping in. Went running, had a picnic and went to National College Rugby Championship game at the Rio Tinto Stadium. BYU was playing! We had front row seats and had a blast. That was the first rugby game I have ever been too. And boy it is a brutal game. I have never seen such a physical sport. It was funny though, they were throwing punches and beating up on each other pretty bad, but as soon as the play was over, they were like best friends. I don't know if I could do that :).  Anyways, BYU lost, which was really sad. But it was still a lot of fun. I am excited to see what this coming week will hold for Zac and I. I love always having my best friend handy to do fun things with. 

1 comment:

  1. Hey kate! did you know my two old roommates are on the rugby team? the girls one though haha

    ReplyDelete